Saturday, December 11, 2010

Tidings of Comfort & Joy

I have really been trying to get into the Christmas spirit this year, and remind myself of all the blessings that God has given us. All too often, I allow myself to be bogged down in the tedium of daily burdens -- forgetting that I have a roof over my head, clean clothes on my back (and sometimes even NEW clothes), plenty of food to eat, a loving and supportive family, a strong group of friends.... the list goes on. Most of all, however, I want to remind myself daily (not just during Christmas time) that I am able to enjoy these things--these blessings of comfort and joy--because of the loving mediation of my Savior Jesus Christ. Were it not for his birth, life, death and resurrection, there would be only tidings of pain, loss and sorrow. And so as we celebrate the advent of the Son of God to earth, let us remember not just in this month (or the 25th day of this month), but every day of the year that His perfect life is that by which we are justified, His death is that by which we are forgiven and His resurrection is that by which we are regenerated and able to live our lives filled with His tidings of comfort and joy.

2 comments:

  1. Amen and Alleluia!!

    I spent the morning at the Chalcedon Ladies' Holiday Cookie exchange where we breakfasted, prayed, heard testimony, and sang.

    What a blessing ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's absolutely it, Margaret. Thank's for the post! :)

    ReplyDelete