Monday, August 5, 2013

Fall Fashion - Blueberry+Wine

The inspiration for this outfit is definitely the gorgeous multi-colored scarf from World Market. I'm loving the combination of burnt orange, magenta, pink and that rich, royal blue (I'm calling it blueberry). Wine or "oxblood" is a popular color choice for this upcoming season, and I'm already envisioning ways to add it to my wardrobe. I do have a pair of non-maternity fuschia skinny pants that may also work with this outfit, but I'll admit that the stretch-panel maternity pants have definitely been more comfortable lately.... not sure if I want to get too used to those! I love that the model in those pants is wearing 4" heels -- that's pretty much not gonna happen for me, so let's bring on the flats! The belt may or may not be comfortable, but I thought it would be a fun accessory to tie in the colors. It is elastic, so could work down the line as well....

So, here's the breakdown:

Pink, Blue and Brown Striped Chevron Scarf - World Market $7.48
Open-Front Cropped Cardi (alpaca) -  Old Navy $9.97
Leather Ballet Flats (cognac) - Gap $39.95
Pure Body Tank (bright powder blue) - Gap $14.95
Women's Skinny Elastic Belt (razzamataz) - Old Navy $9.97
5-Pocket Skinny Leg Maternity Pants (wine tasting) - Motherhood Maternity $44.98

Old Navy is my standby for inexpensive seasonal pieces that will last 6-12 months, and I don't mind replacing them in a year or so because they're cheap to begin with. World Market has a great selection of cute accessories and jewelry, and they're pretty nicely crafted for a low cost. I've purchased most of my maternity apparel thus far from Motherhood and Gap, and I'm really liking the fit so far. The Gap fit is very true to size (maybe even a little large due to vanity-sizing?) and the styles, though limited, are classic. Motherhood is by the same makers as Pea in the Pod (Destination maternity) and they offer a wide range of trendy options with generous maternity fits, also at a reasonable price.

Next up in the maternity fashion series: wedding/event apparel!

No comments:

Post a Comment