Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Fall {Maternity} Shopping


My shopping trips always center around an outfit concept, and the beginning of fall combined with the necessities of a constantly changing size (this belly just keeps growing!) make for plenty of shopping excuses! This outfit includes pieces that I foresee lasting throughout the next few months and into post-pregnancy as well. A good pair of boots (in the perfect shade of gray) and a classic bag will never go out of style! I love the pop of color in the cardigan, and it pulls just enough color out of this muted tones in the snakeskin-patterned scarf. A combination of lower-cost items and wardrobe stables make this outfit the goal for my next shopping trip! May have to wait until those boots go on sale... a few of the other items are already discounted!

Croft & Barrow Slubbed Open-Front Cardigan (Magenta Purple) - Kohl's, $28.00
Maternity Pleated Ponte-Knit Dress - Old Navy, $34.94
Women's Fringed-Gauze Scarf (Charcoal Snake) - Old Navy, $14.95
Naturalizer Larissa Boots (Modern Grey) - Macy's, $125.10
Liz Claiborne Honey Shopper Bag (Midnight Blue) - JCPenny, $44.99

A pretty pendant necklace (long enough to show below the scarf) would be the perfect completer piece. I'm loving World Market for jewelry and accessories these days (not the mention the great furniture)!

Gold Leaf Pendant Necklace - World Market, $14.99

Adding a nice pair of opaque tights will transition this dress into colder weather for work or casual wear -- try a blazer to dress up for work, or top with a sweater or cardigan for a more casual style. Replace the dress with a black top and leggings (as shown on the model with the magenta cardigan), and the outfit becomes a perfect on-the-go casual look. And I don't even have to tell you how versatile the scarf is...


So what's on your shopping list these days?

Need an outfit for an upcoming event or just a fresh look for the new season? Let me help style it! I love putting together outfit "mood boards" and could create a customized look for you, just like the above! E-mail me with your style request/preferences and I'll send you a board within 3 days, including shopping recommendations, prices and links.

1 comment:

  1. Love your fashion boards!

    Today I'm checking the weather in Chicago, as I get my clothes ready for packing. I guess layering is the name of the game; and it looks like I should pack my lightweight rain jacket and waterproof shoes ;-)

    ReplyDelete