Sunday, January 24, 2016

Maternity Capsule Wardrobe: Week 3

I decided to do this capsule wardrobe thing for a couple reasons... but primarily just to see if I could do it. I have always enjoyed the process of shopping and styling my outfits, although I've certainly been through phases of the closet blahs, where I just wasn't really finding a groove with my look. I like to think that after about 15 years of shopping for myself, I've finally found the styles and fits that work for my body type and personality. However, pregnancy throws a bit of a curve ball into that mix. Having gone through one pregnancy before, I had a bit of an idea of what to expect as far as how my size and fit would change over 9 months. Choosing the last 3-4 weeks of pregnancy to develop a capsule wardrobe is really a bit of a no-brainer... because there's just not as much that fits anyway! SO, this has been a great experience thus far in proving two things:

  1. I can do a capsule wardrobe!
  2. I still love to shop!
Case in point: I had a haircut yesterday and there happens to be a pretty hip consignment store near my hair salon. Having finished my trim a bit earlier than expected, I popped into the nearby store just to check out the selection (there's nothing better than getting a deal on gently-used brand name items). Wellllll, of course I found some pieces that I liked. And once you hit the dressing room, there's no turning back. So, how did I justify my purchases? Post-baby capsule wardrobe, of course! ;) Truth be told, I have been looking for cute pieces to incorporate into my closet to accommodate the weeks and months post-delivery in which my shape will be shifting again, and I'll also be nursing. I plan on posting more about my new mom/nursing wardrobe later, but here's the teaser: yoga pants/leggings and open cardigans! Comfort and style can work together.

All that being said, I'll share some of my outfits from the past week using my current capsule wardrobe. I'm still loving the wintry palette of black, cream, and burgundy/wine, although I'll admit I'm beginning to feel a little stumped on varying the combinations of items I gave myself to work with. Shown are the two new tops I bought last weekend, plus a maternity sweater that I traded in when the other gray marled sweater stopped fitting (oops).

Burgundy Stripe Tunic + Skinny Jeans + Booties

Blue & Black Striped Sweater Tunic + Black Leggings + Black Heeled Boots
(Baby Shower)
 

Marled Gray Sweater* + Skinny Jeans + Black Flat Boots

Burgundy Shirt 3 Ways

This set of outfits features a super comfy tee that was a Christmas gift from my mother-in-law. It's actually not a maternity cut top, but it is long enough to fit now and will be a nice longer top post-pregnancy as well. Believe it or not, it's from Victoria's Secret!

Style 1: Church / Business Casual: + marled gray skirt + statement necklace + tights & heels
 

Style 2: Work from home / Running errands: + patterned infinity scarf + fav flats
 

Style 3: Dressy casual / date night: + vest + statement necklace + wedge heels
 


 What I'm actually wearing right now!

Cozy Sunday afternoon: Burgundy Tee + Skinny Jeans + UGG Slippers (another great Christmas gift)



No comments:

Post a Comment