Saturday, January 7, 2017

Fav Mom Gifts


In case you haven't figured it out by now, Christmas as an adult is different. Especially when you have children of your own. The focus shifts, it's definitely not about the presents (whether it was before or not) and wish lists become a thing of the past. Oh, sure, we still have them... but does anyone care? That's a rhetorical question, so don't answer. But that doesn't mean that some kind, thoughtful souls don't take the time and interest to give you the things that are really useful and enjoyable for the mom-wife life. I'm just now taking a few moments to recount the gifts that have already been really helpful to me over the last two weeks and here's the verdict. 
  1. Alex & Ani Claddagh Bracelet
    A perfect gift from a precious friend. The claddagh symbolizes love, loyalty and friendship. And this brand of jewelry makes for an ideal daily wear accessory.
  2. Saucony DXN Trainer Sneakers in Suede - Navy
    I've been looking for a pair of "athleisure" sneakers for a more comfortable look that is still stylish -- and these are the ones. Comfy, classic, and perfect for the mom on the go.
  3. Gift Cards
    You really can't beat 'em. Especially when it comes to clothes, coffee and tunes. You can bet this is where I'll be spending some $$ the next time I have a mommy's morning out.
  4. Madewell 9" High-Rise Skinny Jeans in Larkspur Wash
    One thing I won't have to buy the next time I go shopping, because these jeans are the bomb. I used to be all about low-rise jeans but I realize now how foolish that was. High-rise is the way to go if you don't want jeans fall off your butt every time you sit down/stand up. I recommend watching for the sales on this pair (the same fit in different washes is available for less right now) but you can't go wrong with a comfortable pair of skinnies that fit and flatter.
  5. Classic No-Slip Barrettes
    You know when you complain about not having something that you could very easily pick up yourself at the grocery store? Sometimes those are the best gifts. Enough said.
  6. 2017 Weekly Desk Planner
    I love a good planner. I've gotten this brand/style for the past several years and it works for me.  Even with 82 digital calendars, I still like to write things down.
These were some of my favorites from this Christmas. What were your favs?


2 comments:

  1. My favorite gift was spending time with you and your children!
    Thank you for the plane ride(s)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And we loved seeing you (and Grandpa)! A wonderful Christmas gift for all. :)

    ReplyDelete