Thursday, August 19, 2010

Music for All

I'm not always a fan of the mainstream Christian music that is played on the radio -- I'd rather listen to something more indie, good ol' classical music or hymns (I can make some recommendations if you're interested). But sometimes, a band will really hit the right note (no pun intended). The other day while driving out to the suburbs for work, I happened to have on The Message station on XM. Their playlist is really hit or miss, but all of the sudden a song caught my attention.... by the end of it, I was tearing up. It's a must listen: Tears of The Saints by Leeland

It may not be your style--I'm not as moved by most of the band's other music--but it's worth hearing what is being produced nowadays. I'm not the type of person to think that a single song will revive the world (solid, Bible-based preaching is a much better remedy), but it can certainly go a long way towards awakening. I'll try to post more updates every once in a while about emerging Christian musicians. What you listen to can have a lot to do with what goes on in your head.... and subsequently your actions.

1 comment: