Sunday, January 2, 2011

Epiphany

Welcome to a new year (and a new blog design)!

2010 flew by, but I was more ready for 2011 than I expected. Ready for a clean slate, fresh start.... even though it's all really just a mental thing. We see January 1st as the start of something new because the calendar says so. Because that is the arbitrary date set for the beginning of a new calendar year. In truth, every day is a new day, a chance to be better than the last. Every Sunday the start to a new week, inspired and encouraged by Sabbath worship. That is my number one resolution for this new year: to live in each day with full awareness of the present, complete attention to giving my best effort, and acknowledgment of God's grace that has given me the chance to enjoy life in His creation for yet another day. If you're really interested, you can read my Proviso for a New Year's Revolution.

If not, here are my less-revolutionary New Year's resolutions:


1.     Paint more regularly (it's been rather sporadic since 2008)--and complete the paintings I start.
2.     Exercise more often and attain a healthy weight (what this will be I'm not quite sure... I think I'll know it when I see it) 
3.     *Keep House... better and with a joyful spirit
*This covers a variety of concepts, including but not limited to cooking, cleaning, organizing, decorating and maintaining a general environment of comfort and joy.
4.     Cook meals that are both healthy and delicious (this includes weekly meal planning to avoid last-minute restaurant meals and as well as consideration of nutritional value)!
5.   Pursue contentment, peace and gratitude in any given predicament: job, location and general life situation.
6. Be more proactive in all of my relationships -- near and far.

What are your goals for this new year?


Currently Listening:
Sleeping at Last, January EP

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE the new design! Tres clever. I didn't mention this in my resolutions blog post, but I need to get more organized... my desk is just sad. It needs organization! I need to get on a regular exercise schedule too; so I guess that means a general life organization :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty cool sprucing up. Now let's see how long it takes me to do something like this over at blogspot or xanga.

    Please don't hold your breath ;-)

    ReplyDelete