Sunday, March 18, 2018

Spring Capsule Wardrobe: 16 Items, 24 Outfits


It's sort of a hobby of mine to design capsule wardrobes and come up with outfits, mixing and matching a limited number of items within a set palette for a particular season. Coordinating colors and styles is a relaxing outlet for my creative brain. And with the minimalism/capsule wardrobe craze of recent years, there's plenty of inspiration to go around! Some of my favorite wardrobe references are bloggers: puttingmetogether.com, classyyettrendy.com, livinginyellow.com.

I started thinking about these dreamy florals and earthy pastels back in January, and starting filling my ThredUp shopping cart then, too. A couple of these pieces were already part of my closet, but several needed refreshers, like the olive skinny pants and distressed jeans -- items that I've found since I put together these style boards, and I expect they will last me for several more seasons. The floral blouses were fantastic finds on ThredUp, as well as the floral scarf (which was the basis for my color palette) and the mauve cardigan (LOVE that color)! I was so excited when my ThredUp box arrived and almost all of the pieces I had selected fit perfectly!


The ivory tee and sweater have really helped to lighten up these pieces for spring, but I'm still looking for the right shade of "blush" to fit in. My fair skin makes this color a little harder to work with, but I'm sure the right shade of pale pink is out there somewhere... In the meantime, I'm incorporating these colors with some new OPI polishes: Samoan Sands and Tickle My Francy.




 

Here are some of the outfit combinations I've put together with my capsule items. The ruffle top sneakers and ankle boots are so versatile and both are really comfortable for working from home or running errands with the kiddos. This is almost a month of outfits together, and that's not even all the combinations that could be made! Just further proof that you don't have to own a lot of clothes to create unique and stylish outfits every day. And if you still haven't tried out ThredUp, you can use this special referral link for $10 to spend on your first purchase!

www.thredup.com/r/7GE1J4











No comments:

Post a Comment